The essence of Menorca
Many people during the year visit the island of Menorca, some eager to explore it first, others want to enjoy some quiet days with his family in the majestic environment of Menorca. In Menorca Explorerwe want to facilitate you your arrival to the island, so, then cite a list of essential visits so do not be to lose a moment to think where to start. Let’s start!
- Charming ports: Port of Mahon, Cales Fonts, Fornells and Ciutadella Port.
- Viewpoints: climb the highest point on Menorca, Monte Toro, Es Mercadal, visiting the beautiful Sanctuary of the Madonna del Toro (Patroness of Menorca), and admire the best views of the island. For the hikers, it can be an excellent choice up to the Castillo de Santa Agueda.
- Lighthouses: The preferred are Favàritx Lighthouse and the Lighthouse of Cavalleria. They also highlight the Faro de l’Illa de l’Aire, the Lighthouse of Punta Nati and Faro d’Artrutx.
- Best Beaches: Cavalleria, Binimel·la, Cala Pregonda, La Vall d’Algaiarens, Arenal de Son Saura, Cala Turqueta, Macarella or Macarelleta, Cala Galdana, Cala Mitjana, Trebalúger, Binigaus, Son Bou, Binibeca, Arenal d’ Castell, Playas de Favàritx and Sa Mesquida.
- Nature: Albufera Natural des Grau, Camí de Cavalls routes, Bassa de Morella, Prat de Son Bou, Basses de Lluriac, Salines de Mongofre, Salines de Fornells, Salines de la Concepció, Barranc d’Algendar, barranc de Binigaus, Barranc de sa Vall and Barranc de Cala en Porter.
- Marine Services: Mahon, Fornells and Ciutadella.
- Archaeological Heritage: Naveta des Tudons, Torre d’en Galmés, Torralba d’en Salord, Sa Cova des Coloms, Talayotic Trepucó.
- History of Menorca: Menorca Discover the history of the Museum of Menorca, the Fortress of La Mola, the Castle of San Felipe and Fort Marlborough.
- Picturesque places: Poblado de pescadores en Binibeca Vell, Binissafúller, Cala Sant Esteve, Es Grau, Els Alocs, Puerto Addaia and Cala Morell.
- Typical Products: Visit one of the many wine and cheese production. Bodegas Binifadet, Cheese La Payesa, Hort Sant Patrici, Subaida or Can Bernat shop in San Clemente are great options.
- Gastronomy: Ciutadella and Mahon harbour have a varied cuisine. This offer is complemented with facilities that are located in inland populations, especially in Es Mercadal, and the many neighborhoods that surround the coast. See our directory of recommended companies.
- Leisure: operas and concerts at the Teatro Principal de Mahon, Ocimax Leisure Centre, Es Lloc de Menorca ZOO, Paintball Es Lloc de Menorca, Lithica gardens and botanical tours, show racing at the Hippodrome city of Mahon, Boat Rental with Nautic Fun Tours, Antiga Meloussa sailboat, boat trips on the Port of Mahon with Rutas maritimas De La Cruz or Yellow Catamarans, Excursion on horseback with Cavalls Son Angel or Menorca a Cavall, recreational Aqua Rock Water Park, Plus Scuba Diving School, School of windsurfing and water skiing in Wind Fornells, Tours Catamaran with Catamaran Charter, Tours & Rentals kayak with Katayak, mountain bike trails, boat routes, hiking, snorkeling and diving in Menorca Aventura.
- Nightlife: Highlights Cova d’en Xoroi, Ars Café, Vila Mare, The Margarete, Limo Bar, Es Pla Bar and Es Forn de Torre Soli Nou.
- Shopping: The town centers, especially in Mahon and Ciutadella, and the main tourist resorts are full of exclusive shops, where to get the latest in clothing, footwear and accessories. In addition to retail, you can visit some internationally known shoe factories. See our directory of recommended companies
- Popular Festivities: From June to September.
I recommend you visit our “Business” section to find out more information about them, in response to the activity and the municipality where they are.
For questions, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will solve it thrilled!
Just arrive to Menorca, do not forget to ask our Menorca Explorer guide of tourist resources, is free and will guide you better than anyone. It has information about each county, recommended companies, city maps, beaches, essential, calendar of events and shows, festivals, archaeological, tours and excursions and information about this magnificent Mediterranean island illustrated with spectacular photographs. See you in Menorca!